The Manager’s Dilemma – How to Empower Your Team’s Problem-Solving by Irial O'Farrell
Managers typically tend to excel at problem-solving so end up with a lot of problems on their desk, waiting to be sorted out, while their team often pass over issues that they should be able to resolve themselves. Unwittingly, a dynamic arises with the manager becoming overloaded.
Based on the author’s own experiences, both as a manager, leadership facilitator and executive coach, this book:
– articulates the dilemma that many managers face
– explores acceptable reasons for issue escalation
– explains how to design an effective problem-solving objective, based on your team members likely starting point
– reflects on common manager mindsets that result in disempowered teams
– provides insights into how best to introduce the new approach
How does less work landing on your desk and an empowered team sound to you? You’ll be freed up, allowing you to focus on more exciting and value-add projects; your team will be better able to deliver their work while also being able to take on additional projects. All of you will benefit from greater exposure and enhanced career opportunities.
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Learn more about the writer. Visit the Author’s Website.
Get This Business Book From Amazon.
Visit the Author’s Facebook Fan Page.
Visit the Author’s Twitter page.
[Read more…] about The Manager’s Dilemma – How to Empower Your Team’s Problem-Solving by Irial O’Farrell